Old 28-05-2004, 07:02 AM
MisNomer

Default recommendation wanted for a blue perennial to give as a gift -

The problem with Iris is that she only blooms in the early spring and not
throughout the summer. They are nice though. My iris are purple, and yellow.

http://members.shaw.ca/misnomer/picsonly/iris.jpg
(very big picture)

The neighbor remarked that "isn't it wonderful what a little bit of water will
do"

The flax has blue flowers, tiny delicate little flowers, wind blows and the
petals blow off, next day, all new blooms.

http://members.shaw.ca/misnomer/picsonly/poppy.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/misnomer/picsonly/poppy2.jpg

take care
Liz

On 27 May 2004 17:21:35 -0700, (color_me_) wrote:

hi there... i'm planning on giving a flower as a gift, to a neighbor,
who works a lot in his yard, so i want it to be something he can
plant, that will bloom every year... also i'd like it to be blue &
preferably, relatively big tall and strong. i'm wondering about an
iris. any recommendations? many thanks, ~raine