Old 28-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Strimmer noob Strimmer noob is offline
Registered User

Default problems with McCulloch strimmer

Hi, I am helping with a local group to maintain the grounds. We have a McCulloch 300 strimmer & it is giving problems running our budget is very limited so a workshop repair is not feasible.

If I can get it started, it dies when revved & it also it does not restart when hot. How can I determine the correct settings for fast/idle screws & what ones are those screws I have two plastic one respectively red & white.

What is the right way to restart a 2 stroke engine?

I suspect the fuel mix is wrong as it runs happily at tickover & under a little throttle, but not at half-full throttle as that causes it to die.

Thanks.