Old 28-05-2004, 04:16 PM
NetMax

Default Fin Rot

"Toni" wrote in message
nk.net...

"NetMax" wrote in message

Perhaps Frank in a.a will have some ideas on how to sterilize a 100g
planted(?) tank without using antibiotics or destroying the plants.
--

I'm just wondering why we are going to such extremes of sterilization

for a
simple case of fin rot without first suggesting good old daily water
changes?
The subject of water quality was not even mentioned.
I have personally found that super clean water does more for bacterial
problems than all the meds and cleaning in the world. Addressing an

immune
system that falls victim to opportunistic bacteria seems to me key as

well.

Just curious why this particular poster was not even asked about

frequency
of water changes or quality of diet??
Unless you know him personally and have been witnessing daily water

changes?

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/discus.htm

No disagreement from me. I skipped it for several reasons i) a newbie
would not normally find themselves with 6 breeding pairs of Angelfish in
a 100g tank ;~), ii) Douglas has posted before, iii) what he is doing
sounds too much like what I would find myself doing (even to the
medication he chose), and finally he lists himself as an Aquarium
Maintenance Man for hire. Also the specific question was more along the
lines of time & method to sterilize an empty tank, rather than the usual
'how do I cure my sick fish'.

A lot of my customers are experienced hobbyists, and I hate to grill them
on basic procedures when they might know more about aquarium management
than me, but I still try 'delicately', but in this instance, I skipped it
entirely.. my bad.
--
www.NetMax.tk