Old 28-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Bill Litchfield

Default something's eating my Basil!

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
On Fri, 28 May 2004 10:53:44 GMT, callie
wrote:

Does anyone know what may be eating my basil plants? I planted one out a
few weeks back in my herb container & something ate holes in all the
leaves so i pulled it up & planted another. I've just noticed holes
appearing again & no sign of a culprit. None of my other herbs have
been touched. I didn't have this problem last year so why now & why
only the basil?

I have a stinking chipmunk who likes basil & parsley. Later there
will be plenty for both of us, but now he's pulling up seedlings and
nibbling all the leaves.

Slugs when its wet & flea-hoppers when hot & dry are my other basil
pest.

Jim

I have a real problem with earwigs chewing my Basil. Take a flashlight out
around mid-night and you'll see them climbing all around the Basil. A
hand-vac sucks em up...otherwise, it's Rotenone/Pyrethreim spray.

Regards,
Bill