Old 28-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Jane H

Default Help identifying please

On Thu, 27 May 2004 15:54:36 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

loose compost in the greenhouse. They suddenly grew foliage, small
green, roundish leaves on very thin stems. No flowers have appeared
and they are very slow-growing.

Can anyone suggest some names of plants they think it might be? If we
have a few names, at least we can look them up.

Thanks,

Sounds like a cyclamen corm, you will have to wait on the flowering to id it
properly

YES! I looked up cyclamens in the RHS encyclopedia today and that's
exactly what the leaves and stems look like. Haven't seen any flowers
yet, though. According the RHS book, some cyclamens are winter
flowering, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.

Jane