Old 28-05-2004, 10:09 PM
mrcheerful

Default problems with McCulloch strimmer

"Strimmer noob" wrote in
message s.com...
Hi, I am helping with a local group to maintain the grounds. We have a
McCulloch 300 strimmer & it is giving problems running our budget is
very limited so a workshop repair is not feasible.

If I can get it started, it dies when revved & it also it does not
restart when hot. How can I determine the correct settings for
fast/idle screws & what ones are those screws I have two plastic one
respectively red & white.

What is the right way to restart a 2 stroke engine?

I suspect the fuel mix is wrong as it runs happily at tickover & under
a little throttle, but not at half-full throttle as that causes it to
die.

Thanks.
--
Strimmer noob

first essential is the correct fuel/oil mix.
one screw will be "hi" one "lo"

gently turn the hi one by a quarter of a turn left (anti clockwise.) then
try the strimmer, if it is now improved, you can try a further slight left
or right adjustment till the strimmer sounds happy and revs well.

mrcheerful