Old 29-05-2004, 03:12 AM
Remydog

Default Pondmaster 3600 -- shaft/impeller broken after just one month!

Well, the retailer gave me a replacement pump no questions asked. However,
when I plugged this one in, it's making one heck of a rattling noise
suggesting that the impeller is not in perfect alignment. Called them and
they said to bring this one back. Royal pain to have to go through this and
I'm sure it's no picnic for the store.

MSK

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
I have the 3600 also and the impeller shaft has broken twice (because
the impeller housing broke and caused a misalignment). Both times I got
a free replacement from pondliner.com

Remydog wrote:
I can't believe it, but after looking at the shaft material, I'm not
surprised. It appears to be a flimsy piece of plastic, so I suspect that

the
torque of the motor, combined with any sort of load, results in

breakage.

I'm hoping the place that sold it to me will replace it today without

too
much hassle.

Anyone else having problems with this pump?

MSK