Old 29-05-2004, 05:05 AM
Gail Futoran

Default Rose identification

"Philip Lewis" wrote in
message
du...
"Gail Futoran" writes:
Overall size: height & width.
Is it a shrub or a climber?
Does it bloom in clusters (several blooms on one cane

end) or
as a single bloom like a Hybrid Tea?

well.. I'm a rose new-bee, my wife is a hybrid lover, so

we have a few
of those. That said i would say:

size: new rose, but currently has several 1-2 foot canes

with at least
1 4-5 foot growth that arcs back to the ground.
Max cane diameter is probably 1/4 - 1/2 inch.
Max height is about 2 foot.
I would consider it a rambler... but i guess that's a

climber with no
place to go. sorry... i don't know enought to classify

it
yet. Hopefully the picture will help.

I have a problem distinguishing ramblers and
climbers myself. Most of my roses are shrub
roses. If yours is a rambler then it should be
easier to identify. I think there are fewer of
those in commerce than, say, Hybrid Teas
and Floribundas.

cluster bloom (i think) and a little smaller than I

remembered. perhaps 1 inch across.

That is sounding more like a rambler, but some
"mini" roses can get quite tall and have small
blooms like that.

2) please don't post your digital photos to
rec.gardens.roses. This is a text-only newsgroup.

i know... I planned on publishing it on my own page and

sending a
link... but it is good to remind folks who havn't been

computing for
20+ years.

A dose of prevention... You took it well, thanks.
I have a relatively slow connection (live in a
rural area and can't get a faster connection
without spending more money than I wish) so
most digital photos take forever to download.
I'm still trying to train friends & relatives with
digital cameras + cable connection to NOT
send me huge image files in email!

Thanks for the link... neat.
i wish it had better search. (it is a small white bloom,

and if you
select two criteria it "or"s them instead of "and"s them.)
I might be missing something.

If you can find advanced search, select one
criterion, then there's an option to select More
Criteria up to 5. I did a search on color
(white, near white & white blend), bloom form
(single), and class (rambler) and came up with
about 12 results. I don't recognize any of the
names, though.

Perhaps i'll go take some pictures and make some notes.

Here are some more links for rose lists:
http://www.everyrose.com/everyrose/index.lasso
http://www.findmyroses.com/

But your best bet is what you plan to do already.
Someone here might well be able to recognize
your rose from photos.

Gail