Old 29-05-2004, 07:04 AM
noahsnana

Default Nexus or bead filter

But which do you recommend?
"RichToyBox" wrote in message
news:QKQtc.14834$n_6.6173@attbi_s53...
On the 4000 galloon pond I have two bead filters. The first was a 2 cubic
foot bubblebead. Last year I added a 6 cubic foot Advantage from

Sacramento
Koi. This year I have gotten a 4 cubic foot Aquadyne for the 2500 gallon
pond but haven't gotten the vortex so it has not been plumbed in yet.
--
RichToyBox
"noahsnana" wrote in message
LOL Rich which bead do you have? Is that on the 4000 gal pond?
"RichToyBox" wrote in message
I have bead filters. They are older than the Nexus system and I am

quite
pleased with them. I think the bead filter is an excellent mechanical
filter removing fine debris in addition to being a good bio filter.

The
Nexus appears to be a great biofilter, but I don't think it has the
mechanical filtration capability of the bead filter. On the other

hand,
it
has a very high oxygen environment that is far superior to the bead

filter.
What you need is one of each.
--
RichToyBox
"blade" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi Guys,

Need some advice, I'm upgrading my multi bay filter but cannot

decide
on a Nexus or a bead filter.

I need advice on which one is best. I have heard positive reports on
both, but they do cost an arm and a leg so I want to get this right
before I invest.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Blade