Old 29-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default something's eating my Basil!

Bill Litchfield said:

I have a real problem with earwigs chewing my Basil. Take a flashlight out
around mid-night and you'll see them climbing all around the Basil. A
hand-vac sucks em up...otherwise, it's Rotenone/Pyrethreim spray.

If the earwigs are out, a direct hit with soapy water is all you need to slay
them. Spraying their refuges (cracks and crevices, wood chips, and the like)
with soapy water will cause them to boil out and die, too.

(attributed to Don Marti)