Old 29-05-2004, 05:10 PM

Default OT Paging Dr Solo - Help - Sick Fish

well. koi do bounce back from some pretty hellatious conditions, including sores
that eat all the way to teh bone. I guess the only condition I consider for putting
them down is when they are curling and not swimming or eating. Ingrid

"coop" wrote:

Thank you everyone for your concern. I have taken your answers into
consideration. I also spoke with "The Koi Nursery" in Port Perry Ontario
and basically the same response. This fish is all but gone. Somehow, it
lost it's slime coat and a parasite has moved in and allowed algae to grow.
Although some of you have mentioned a salt dip and injections, I think by
looking at it and in talking to a a fish breeder, the damage has been done
and the humane thing to do is to end its suffering.

Unless someone wants to convince me otherwise, I will likely do that this
weekend. Again thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Ian
"dkat" wrote in message
.net...
Now this is exactly why I think cross posting is acceptable sometimes and
sometimes necessary. I had assumed this person had only gone to one room
and knew his answer was waiting for him/her in another. Because they had
only the one group in their posting I had no idea they had posted

elsewhere.
I can certainly understand why people get ticked with inappropriate cross
posting (and I have been the culprit of clicking on the wrong group to

send
to - I'm still doing mea culpa for a political post in the pottery

room...)
but this is exactly the situation where you want it in as many rooms with
the possible answer as possible and for it to be clear where the message

has
gone to.... just my little sidebar for the month

wrote in message
I answered this on rec.goldfish already. Ingrid

"dkat" wrote:

"Coop" wrote in message
Anyone who can help, please contact me asap. I have a large (12-14")

Koi,
about 3 years old, that has what appears to be Algae (the long

variety,
as
opposed to slimy film type) down both sides of the fish, towards the
ventral
(underbelly). The left eye also appears to be clouded, although not
covered
with the same green coating. Through the water and from a distance

of
about
2 feet, it appears as though the "algae" is growing into and

underneath
the
scales of the fish.

Thank you for your help,