Old 29-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Beecrofter

Default Leaf Miners in my Columbine

"BottleCap" wrote in message ...
Hello

I have one single columbine that has a pretty bad case of leaf miners. I
know usually you can just pick off the infested leaves and discard. But my
whole plant is taken over. I'm afraid if I don't take some action soon it
will kill my plant. Would insecticidal soap do the trick? Is there any way
of getting rid of these little things? Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
BC

Never seen a leaf miner infestation kill columbines yet.
I'd imagine you would need to use a systemic unless you were able to
time the emergence of the adult leaf miners but like I said I never
seen a plant taken down by them.