Old 30-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Bob S.

Default What's the quickest way to lower PH on my tomatoes

(Al Dykes) wrote in message ...
It looks like I need to lower the PH (more acidic) around my tomato
plants. The're almost 18 inches high and are budding. The soil is
heavy clay that has had lots of compost turned in. The Ph kit says
I'm at 7.5.

I assume that I can add someting that will have some effect on this
year's crop. What can I do right now, and for next year.

Don't assume the pH kit is giving you an accurate reading. Plus or
minus 1.0 is not unusual. But if you do believe it, work some coffee
grounds into the soil around your plants. That is a fast organic way
of lowering a pH level.

Bob S.