Old 30-05-2004, 06:03 AM
Karen Mullen

Default Pondmaster 3600 -- shaft/impeller broken after just one month!

In article wtRtc.6174$IB.1077@attbi_s04, "Remydog"
writes:

Well, the retailer gave me a replacement pump no questions asked. However,
when I plugged this one in, it's making one heck of a rattling noise
suggesting that the impeller is not in perfect alignment. Called them and
they said to bring this one back. Royal pain to have to go through this and
I'm sure it's no picnic for the store.

I have had the same problem. Mine broke 2 days after installation, Danner
replaced the parts and it ran for the rest of the season last year. Put it in
the pond and it ran for 3 weeks started making one hell of a racket and then
stopped. I called Danner again and they did say after asking about the
impeller that there was a design flaw and they are sent me a new design pump, I
just had to send back the old pump. I have 2 other Pondmaster pumps that have
been running continuously for many years without any problems. What she asked
me about the 3600 was...when you pull out the shaft, does it have wings down
where the hex (nut) sit? If no it's the old model and should be replaced by
the newer model with this design flaw corrected.

If you want to try calling Danner directly the nbr is 631-234-5261 ext. 107 her
name is Veronica. That way you'll get a NEW pump and not another old model.
They are guaranteed for 3 years.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH