Old 30-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Grubber

Default Is anyone aware of an energy efficient submersible pump.

"Mickey" wrote in message
I have a sequence 750 that pumps about 2300 gph at 8 foot of head and

draws
1.5 amps. I am also looking at this Cimarron. I would like to find a low
head submersible pump to put in the center of the pond to help keep the
bottom circulating.Any ideas most of the submersible I find are not very
efficient.

http://www.mdminc.com/Cimarron.htm

I have the Cimmaron and I like it, but it's my first external pump so I
don't have anything to reference it to.

For submersibles, Laguna is the most efficient I've found. I have a Laguna
5000 - 1640 GPH for 85 watts - hooked up with a vortex to aerate and
circulate my 4000 gal pond. Keeps things moving pretty well.