Old 30-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Sacha

Default Leaves going brittle. Help

On 30/5/04 3:05 pm, in article , "Emrys Davies"
wrote:

'Bob',

Having read this site
http://www.hydrangeasplus.com/faq.html
I am of the opinion that (1) your pots are either too small for the
roots to develop properly (2) that the drainage is inadequate or (3)
they are sitting in a heat trap. The latter is probably unlikely. I
favour (2) as being the most likely cause.

While most plants suffer from over-watering, I do wonder if these have been
under-watered, given the sort of weather we've had until recently.
Hydrangeas like a LOT of watering - just think 'hydra'! ;-) But that
doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to drain between waterings. And things
in pots dry out faster that things in the ground.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk