Old 30-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Nedra

Default Algae Question.

Congratulate yourself! You have fuzzy sweater algae... the good kind.

As for the veggie filter - I would keep all soil out of the VF. Pebbles for
planting is more than enough. I have Iris in Big mesh planters with 1"
gravel
inside to hold them up. Nothing else but water.

Nedra

"The~Doofie~Man©" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday that the pond is starting to get green "fuzzy" algae

all
over everything. The liner, rocks, the pebbles on the plant ledge you name
it. I have plants and a mechanical filter as well. Should I get more

plants
or a UV filter as well?
Is this "good" algae or the start of the bad algae?
I don't think the 4 little goldfish I have are the root of the problem. I
feel I have enough plants but the more the merrier. I firmly believe the
root of the problem is too much sunlight. The pond gets sunlight ALL day,

have water cover both live & artificial. I guess not enough.
All help is greatly appreciated in advance people.

Oh before I forget. With a veggie filter do the plants get buried in the
soil mix on top of the pebble base in baskets? I can make a "stream" and
then have a bunch of plants at the edge of the one end just before it

falls
into the pond. And if so is a slower water flow better for a veggie

filter?
--
The~Doofie~Man ©
"LET ME SEE YOUR CIGARETTE LIGHTERS!!!!!"