Old 30-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Ka30P

Default Algae Question.

As Nedra said, green fuzzy sweater algae, or substrate algae, is very good for
the pond and the pond's critters. It helps filter the water and provides the
fish with nutrition (the algae itself and all the tiny critters who live in
it).

Oh before I forget. With a veggie filter do the plants get buried in the

soil mix on top of the pebble base in baskets? I can make a "stream" and
then have a bunch of plants at the edge of the one end just before it falls
into the pond. And if so is a slower water flow better for a veggie filter?

The idea is to provide as much of the water flow to the plant roots as possible
so apart from some rocks, pebbles, etc to keep the plants upright you want the
roots exposed. Slower water flow is better than too fast.

kathy :-)