Old 30-05-2004, 10:06 PM
profpam

Default Disa plants

Hi Wendy,

I, too, have had Disas bloom once then die. Conditions where they grow better
seems to be the more acidic water environment on the east coast -- more acidic
conditions vs. more alkalaid such as in southern California. I am also of the
assumption that unless the orchid is strong enough then do not allow it to go
ahead and bloom and in particular produce a pod. It seems that an orchid that
is about to die sometimes produces a bloom and subsequent pod as a means of
survival; so, in my estimation Bob Gordon of phalaenopsis fame is correct.

.. . . Pam
Everything Orchid Management System http://www.pe.net/~profpam/page3.html

-----------------

wendy7 wrote:

Hi there Dan, I bought a couple of these without reading up on them.
They require special treatment & so I killed mine but did get them to bloom
the
first year.
Wally is super nice, helpful & had great plants.
http://corchard.home.comcast.net/
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply
"amatol" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a source to purchase Disa plants in USA? Thanks, Dan