Old 30-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Go Fig

Default Plumbing Question And Progress Pics Link

In article , Mark and Kim Smith
wrote:

Okay, I'm to the point where it is time to start plumbing in my bottom
drain and skimmer tank. The external pump will be fed off of the
skimmer some 20' away ( or so. ) The pond will be approximately 10' x
16' x 2.5' deep. Target pump should be a 1500 gph. Seeing as how most
pumps I looked at have a 1.5" to 2" intake, I am planning to plumb my
bottom drain and pump feed in 2" pipe. At this point I'm not concerned
with the plumbing after the pump. Pros? Cons? Suggestions on staying
at 2" or going larger, smaller?? Latest progress photos.
http://www.bunchobikes.com/pond4.htm

Stay with 2" on the bottom feed and you can use 1 1/2" for the skimmer
line which can tee into the bottom feed line. I would put a gate valve
on both lines so you can selectively trim each line. You may want to
connect a vacuum to the skimmer line.

For the return line (kidda depends on the run length and head), but I
would go with 1 1/2" but I would plumb in a waste line Tee with a hose
bib for vinyl pool hose. I'd also plumb a line that goes directly back
to the pond, bypassing any waterfall... both w/ gate valves to trim.

1500 gph, seems too small, especially if it has 2" and 1 1/2" out,
which pump ?

jay
Sun May 30, 2004