Old 31-05-2004, 01:06 AM
RichToyBox

Default Plumbing Question And Progress Pics Link

For the plumbing, the pumps are much less efficient at pulling water than
pushing water. Most of the pumps that I have seen have smaller input and
output plumbing connections than the manufacturers recommend for the main
run of plumbing. It is easy to use a bushing at the pump to reduce the
plumbing to the size of the pump inlet. The larger the pipe, the less head
loss, like friction, and the easier it is for the pump to give the desired
flow.
--
RichToyBox
"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
Okay, I'm to the point where it is time to start plumbing in my bottom
drain and skimmer tank. The external pump will be fed off of the
skimmer some 20' away ( or so. ) The pond will be approximately 10' x
16' x 2.5' deep. Target pump should be a 1500 gph. Seeing as how most
pumps I looked at have a 1.5" to 2" intake, I am planning to plumb my
bottom drain and pump feed in 2" pipe. At this point I'm not concerned
with the plumbing after the pump. Pros? Cons? Suggestions on staying
at 2" or going larger, smaller?? Latest progress photos.
http://www.bunchobikes.com/pond4.htm