Old 31-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Marzie_Cat

Default Phalaenopsis Orchid Question

Thanks for all your help Diana - I will follow your advice.

=^..^=

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Marzie,

Some more info for you. Kenni is right that if the plant is suffering you
ought to cut that spike off and repot. But, is it suffering? How do the
leaves look? Are they firm?

If you repot (and I probably would), remember that the 'moss' in question

is
spaghnum moss. Soak it in warm water to soften for a couple of hours

before
using. Your goal is moist but not soaking. Water when the plant when it
begins to dry out, but for a Phal don't let it go completely dry. Feed

with
a balanced fertilizer (one that is readily available is Peters 20-20-20)
"weakly weekly", i.e. 1/4tsp. per gallon of water. Always water in the
morning, and keep water out of the crown of the plant to avoid rot.

Enjoy your Phalaenopsis, and welcome to orchids!

Diana