Old 31-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Cilantro

The message
from Alan Gould contains these words:

In article , Janet Baraclough.
. writes
I'm sorry, but the charter of this newsgroup is to discuss gardening
in UK conditions. It isn't appropriate for you and Frogleg to use
uk.rec.gardening to discuss growing cilantro in Japan and America.

Rubbish Janet! There is no such thing as 'UK conditions'. Our climate is
infinitely variable and of late it is increasingly becoming warmer.
Already UK gardeners are finding the need to develop differing methods
of horticulture and are turning to growers in other climes for advice.

From the charter;

"In the absence of more appropriate, geographically specific newsgroups,
discussion of gardening in Eire, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
will also be welcome. Because there are climatic, legal, cultural and
other differences, discussion of
gardening in other parts of the world is OFF TOPIC (there are other
regional gardening newsgroups, and the global rec.gardens, one of which
may be more appropriate)"

Janet.