Old 01-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Douglas

Default Clematis for full sun.......

"Richard Roocroft" wrote in message

.......To train along a fence, that won't fade too much. We like bold
colours, and have just planted Sir Trevor Lawrence, but have room for at
least another one. Ideally big flowers and fragrance - not at all fussy,
then ! Montana 'Freda' sounds a good choice for a small flower, but will
she be happy restricted to approx 6ft height by 10ft. Wide ?'

***********************
The Montanas are your best bet, Get either bigger flowered deeper rose
colour or the lighter same or a white. Scented?- that's pushing it a wee
bit.
6ft x !0 ft?. Just the job, - it will fill that space in no time, - but,
after a couple of years it will be a bit bulky, however , you can prune it I
suppose. They have just made a fine show, but the flowering doesn't stay
too long and you'll have to wait until next spring for another flush.
Doug.
Incidently, this is my first post this season, as I've been busy with
work. Cormaic still here ? Hope you're well.

Anyway, Happy Noo Year !

Regards.
--
Richard Roocroft