Old 01-06-2004, 01:17 AM
Strimmer noob Strimmer noob is offline
Registered User

Default problems with McCulloch strimmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rod
On Mon, 31 May 2004 15:59:59 GMT, Strimmer noob
wrote:

Thanks for the help guy, I cant get it to give more than an attempt to
fire, so I contacted repair shops, result is that I was advised to
throw it out & buy a new one as it is a cheap(ish) machine. Really
annoying as I am sure it is only a minor problem because I had it going
last week for 10 mins, but all my experience is with 4 strokes (car
engines) & not for 15 years or so...

I guess we all need to look at chipping in for a new machine

They always say that. With labour charges at 15-30quid an hour, just
looking at it is going to cost more than a second hand McCulloch
strimmer is worth. However it *is* worth you spending some of your
time on it, trying the carb adjustments.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply
Yes I did spend some two hours trying the carb settings & it just won't fire despite having fuel, strong blue spark & compression :-(

I'll try changing the fuel for new stuff next, last shot I think before giving up.