Old 01-06-2004, 05:05 AM
Gail Futoran

Default moving established plant

"mike vandyke" wrote in message
My Dad is in the process of selling his home,there are 2

roses that my Mom
planted when she was living and in good health. I would

like to dig them and
move them to my yard. I know now is probably not the best

time but just
wondered what you folks thought the odds of success might

be.
Thanks in advance!

Where are you? It was 104 degrees here
today, and about 60 degrees where my sister
lives (NH). Temperature makes a difference
when you're moving roses.

What kind of roses? It's fairly easy to move
a miniature rose, but a large shrub rose or
old garden rose or climber - I'm not sure I'd
attempt it.

Another possibility - maybe the better choice
- is to take cuttings and grow your own roses.
They'll be identical to the "parents".
Go to the American Rose Society:
www.ars.org
Click on articles (you'll find a link in the
body of the welcome text) and then on
Propagation of Roses (bunch of articles).

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8