Old 01-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Anna Kettle

Default Foxglove question

: I have a Foxglove that has appeared in my border - self seeded, we
: back on to fields. It seems to be a single plant with two main
: flowering spikes - however one spike has the usual deep purple flower
: whilst the other spike is covered in cream coloured flowers - is this
: a common phenomenum?

Foxgloves have just opened in my new (to me) garden and three quarters
of them are cream. I'd never noticed cream foxgloves before so I
suspect they have been selected. I wonder if they are the sort of
plant where you have to pull out the purple ones or they will revert.
Anyone know?

Anna
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Plaster conservation and lime plaster repair
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642