Old 01-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Fleemo

Default Help for Wilted Tomato Plants :(

My tomato plants had just started to flower, (Sungold and Early Girl)
and then BOOM! Now they've wilted with a strange twisted shape. (See
photos at http://www.inhouzemusic.com/z) I suspect some kind of
bacterial wilt. We had some rain the other day, and I understand water
splashing on soil and onto the leaves can carry the disease. I'm not
sure where the disease came from, as we had strawberries in this bed
for the past few years.

Sooo, my question is, where do I go from here? Are these plants
definitely gonners? Luckily, I have several backup plants still in
containers that look beautiful. Can I yank out the infected plants
and plant these in their place? The only other place I have for them
is in the same bed, the other half of a 4'x8' raised bed where I just
harvested the garlic. Is there some way to eliminate the disease or
reduce the plant's chances of getting infected again?

Thanks.

-Fleemo in Zone 9