Old 01-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Heather

Default Getting plants from natural ponds

Michael:

I have a friend who owns a huge natural pond filled with four colors of lily
plus other things. Therefore legality is not an issue.

Any plants moved from her pond to mine have done really well. Some Cinnamon
fern brought from our back woods have thrived while a plant purchased at the
garden center was much smaller and died. We have had no problems with our
fish as a result. However since they are mostly feeder comets I don't have
a huge outlay in expense for my fish. Still don't want to loose them.

Heather

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
Would it be safe to pull lilypads, grasses etc from wild ponds or could
that introduce diseases etc?