Old 01-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Lee B.

Default Terminix vs Pond advice plz

I know a quick fix for ants is an equal mixture of powdered sugar and baking
soda. Sprinkle around the perimeter or near ant hills. I won't get into the
mechanics of an insect's digestive tract, but ants can't pass gas . . . G
Neither the baking soda nor the powdered sugar will hurt the fish or plants.
I don't know how well it will work for other insects, but it may help. I
know what you mean: here in Central FL you could throw a saddle on our
cockroaches (called Palmetto Bugs for "political" reasons G) and ride 'em!

Lee

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
Looking for some advice.

The S.O. is bug-ophobic. I personally do not mind bugs... I have
carpenter bees and Black Widows that live on the property and I do not
make efforts to get rid of them...

But, the S.O. wants to get some bug control going because of her fears.
She had Terminix in her previous house.

Anyone have any suggestions (other than don't do it) which may not be an
option... Is there a chemical that won't kill the Koi, yet resolve her
bug issue? Any advice in dealing with these

Thanks...

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com