Old 01-06-2004, 05:07 AM
Carl Beyer

Default Terminix vs Pond advice plz

Looking for some advice.

The S.O. is bug-ophobic. I personally do not mind bugs... I have
carpenter bees and Black Widows that live on the property and I do not
make efforts to get rid of them...

But, the S.O. wants to get some bug control going because of her fears.
She had Terminix in her previous house.

Anyone have any suggestions (other than don't do it) which may not be an
option... Is there a chemical that won't kill the Koi, yet resolve her
bug issue? Any advice in dealing with these

Thanks...

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com
Old 01-06-2004, 05:07 AM
Ka30P

I would ask Terminix out for their
free evaluation and ask for their
guarantees and bona fides regarding
pets and wildlife. Show them the pond
and give them an idea of the monetary
value of the fish. I expect with koi, though
I'm no expert, that they have increased
in value since you bought them as they grow
larger. You can mention that, too ;-)

kathy :-)
Old 01-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Lee B.

I know a quick fix for ants is an equal mixture of powdered sugar and baking
soda. Sprinkle around the perimeter or near ant hills. I won't get into the
mechanics of an insect's digestive tract, but ants can't pass gas . . . G
Neither the baking soda nor the powdered sugar will hurt the fish or plants.
I don't know how well it will work for other insects, but it may help. I
know what you mean: here in Central FL you could throw a saddle on our
cockroaches (called Palmetto Bugs for "political" reasons G) and ride 'em!

Lee

Old 02-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Ka30P

Pond Diver wrote
Maybe I'm naive but what the hell is an SO.

Significant Other ;-)

kathy :-)

Old 02-06-2004, 05:07 PM

http://www.netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm
significant other

"Pond Diver" wrote:

Maybe I'm naive but what the hell is an SO.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.