Old 01-06-2004, 09:08 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default filtering a pond with a submersibble pump ?

"jOE" wrote in message
Is there a way to filter a pond with a submersibble pump ?

Currently, I have two.

One pump pumps water from a small pond up to a larger pond that is used as a
Veggie Filter. A bottom drain gravity feeds the first pool, as the pump
draws from it. The water then runs back via a stream to the main pond. I get
good dwell time, as well aeration.

My second pump is a temporary, spring time measure. It's a small 200gph pump
that is in a filter box sitting in the shallows of the main pond. Currently
I have just bioballs in there, but I plan to add some foam as well. I am
using this to try and assist in clearing the suspended algae from the water.
The output of this pump is just a hose lieing on a rock, splashing into the
pond. More aeration.

BV.