Old 01-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Fisher Price

Default Creating a New Lawn

The plastic is there to prevent weeds from sprouting under the bricks. If
you lift it up or puncture it, weeds will grow. Of course weeds will grow
anyway. Depending on the kind of grass you grow and the length of its root
you may be ok to just leave it alone.

"Newgardner" wrote in message

Hi all,

I have a question. I recently moved house and the rear yard was
completely covered in patio brickes which were badly neglected so I
lifted all 3500 Bricks.

What i am left with is Black plastic with 1 - 2 Inces of stones the 2 -
3 inces of sand.
My question: If I simply Puncture the plastic in separate Places to
allow the water to soak away and then put a Stone trench against the
path running to a drain would this be enough or should the plastic be
lifted. I am planning on putting down at least 3 -4 inces of top soil
on top of the sand then buying lawn rolls to lay on the Soil.

As this is my first attemp at gardening any help would be appriciated.
Thanks all.

--
Newgardner

News==----