Old 02-06-2004, 06:04 AM
George

Default filtering a pond with a submersibble pump ?

"jOE" wrote in message
Is there a way to filter a pond with a submersibble pump ?

I built my filter with the submersible inside it near the top. The filter is
deep enough in the pond so that the pump never emerges from the water, which can
cause it to cavitate. So it pulls the water into the filter instead of pushing
it. Because the pump only pumps filtered water, it rarely, if ever, needs
cleaning. I also have a prefilter connected to the inlet side of the main
filter. It is the only thing that gets cleaned regularly (this time of year,
that would be about once a month, but in early spring when the algae is heavier,
it gets cleaned about once a week. I built it that way because my main filter
is inside the pond, beneath the waterfall. The water is crystal clear. The
pump is a 1400 gph flotec submersible.