Old 02-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Mike

Default Light Deprivation from over grown trees

"Collingwood" wrote in message
s.com...
I am a keen gardener but have been having problems with a few over grown
trees. Due to the position of these trees I only get 2-2.5 hrs a day of
sunlight in the garden. They stand in a row on council property with
the nearest only 8 feet from my back fance. I have kids so some of the
garden is laid to lawn with flower beds around the edge of the garden.
I seem to spend most of my time in the garden clearing the mess from
the trees and watering the garden as the tree saps all the goodness
from the soil. I takes forever for any of my plants to grow even when I
buy plant food.

Another problem is lack of light & heat in the house during summer plus
the washing only dries on windy days.

The trees however are on council property and I have contacted them
every year for the past 5 years and they have only trimmed the trees
once, the very first year. They give no reason for their decision
except how nice they look.

I don't want them cut down but would like the council to try trimming
or pollarding.

If you have any information that may help me or could recommend a good
website to visit, it would be much appreciated.
--
Collingwood

Were the trees there when you moved in?

Mike

--
Nat.Service (RAF) Assoc. Cosford Parade / Social Weekend 25th - 28th June
British Pacific Fleet Reunion Birmingham September 17th - 20th