Old 02-06-2004, 07:10 PM

Default Building a raised pond..help!

Hi Bob..thanx for the response. I had a pond with a flexible liner in my
garden for a couple of years and to cut a long story short have decided to
go for a raised pond but to be honest dont know where to start. I have
filled the previous pond hole in with soil and will be putting the new
preformed pond in its place. It is only 750 litres or so. I reckon that
might be a good idea to half raise it as you have. It would help secure the
bottom sides when there is water in it....on the other hand I am thinking of
maybe leveling off the ground and setting the preformed pond on it...maybe
level off with concrete (is this a good idea ) after the soil has
sunk...what do you have underneath your pond/surrounding it ? For surrounds
maybe a double cavity wall so I can have some foliage in the middle...any
ideas welcome! I've searched online with no luck. Every site and book I see
opts for the popular pond with flexi liner and when I see a picture off a
raised pond well..er..theres no stepp by step instructions to build
it....even got a gardening manual here...same thing!
cheers....send me your enmail address if you have the time..thanks

'patience'

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Patience wrote in message...
Anyone know where I can find a place online that offers a step by step

guide
on how to build a raised pond? I have already purchased a preformed

Liner,
Pump, Filter etc. Any help much appreciated. I'm a complete newbie to

this.

No, but mine (3,000gals) is half raised to avoid runoff from heavy rain
getting in the pond so perhaps I can help.
Fire away.

--
Regards
Bob