Old 02-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Emil

Default Need some backyard improvement ideas.

Hi guys,

The pics at the bottom are of my backyard. Notice in this area, which is 16
ft long by 6.5 ft wide, the grass doesn't grow. It hasn't since I bought the
house 3 years ago, and I've given up on it. Those 4 bricks you see surround
a drain, so I have to consider that also. The wall you see will one day
come down, my property goes all the way down to the street. On the other
side of the wall it slopes down, but for the time being it's staying.

So what ideas can you guys think of to extend the sitting area of the patio?
Some ideas I came up with a
1) To bring a bunch of crushed gravel and compact it in.
2)Use pavers to create a traditional look.
3) Use large square stones?

I don't want to create a HUGE project, I don't have the patience to lay down
brick. I thought of pavers because all you have to do is prepare the ground,
lay the pavers and then brush sand into the joints, no need for mortar,
grout, etc.

http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/...77/Patio_1.jpg
http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/...77/Patio_2.jpg

Thanks,