Old 03-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Allan Matthews

Default vent - !#@!#(&$)$# Giant Rodents

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 12:21:06 -0600, Graybyrd wrote:
Put an electric fence around the garden. Put strips of aluminum foil
hanging from the fence wire and put peanut butter on the aluminum foil
strips. They love peanut butter and the lesson will be learned the
first time.
In article ,
"Ray Drouillard" wrote:

Thanks for the warning! The corn will be up soon, and I have some
electric fencing that will be going around the garden.

Will a low electric fence deter the deer, or will I have to put up
something they can't jump over?

Ray

Seems as though the electric fence will motivate them to jump that much
higher !

Deer easily clear their own height from a standing jump; you'll need at
least a 6-foot high fence. Orchard owners put up permanent 10-ft high
fences in the Pac NW to keep out the large mule deer (who love apples
even more than horses and mules do.)

Gray