Old 03-06-2004, 03:11 AM
JJ

Default Small Lily Pads

No it's not, so that must be it (baby plants).

Thanks
Jerry

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
If the main crown isn't growing right up against the side of the container,
than it is probably baby plant starts coming off the main rhizome sending
up little leaves till they, the baby plant, gets bigger. ~ jan

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 23:15:37 -0400, "JJ" wrote:

I have noticed that recently all three of my hardy lilies, in addition to
the normal 6-8" dia pads, have been putting out several 1/2 to 1" dia pads
on very thin stems.
Been trying to research out what might be causing this or if this is normal
growth. The only thing that I can find on the net is that it may be root
bound or in need of fertilizer.
Two of the plants are in separate containers and definitely not root bound.
Fertilizer? may be, but all three are still sending out normal size pads as
well, and one has had two nice blossoms.
Is this a normal growth pattern or is the plant trying to tell me

something?

Any comments?
Jerry