Old 02-06-2004, 05:02 AM
JJ

Default Small Lily Pads

I have noticed that recently all three of my hardy lilies, in addition to
the normal 6-8" dia pads, have been putting out several 1/2 to 1" dia pads
on very thin stems.
Been trying to research out what might be causing this or if this is normal
growth. The only thing that I can find on the net is that it may be root
bound or in need of fertilizer.
Two of the plants are in separate containers and definitely not root bound.
Fertilizer? may be, but all three are still sending out normal size pads as
well, and one has had two nice blossoms.
Is this a normal growth pattern or is the plant trying to tell me something?

Any comments?
Jerry

Old 02-06-2004, 06:04 AM
JJ

"JJ" wrote in message
I have noticed that recently all three of my hardy lilies, in addition to
the normal 6-8" dia pads, have been putting out several 1/2 to 1" dia pads
on very thin stems.
Been trying to research out what might be causing this or if this is normal
growth. The only thing that I can find on the net is that it may be root
bound or in need of fertilizer.
Two of the plants are in separate containers and definitely not root bound.
Fertilizer? may be, but all three are still sending out normal size pads as
well, and one has had two nice blossoms.
Is this a normal growth pattern or is the plant trying to tell me something?

Any comments?
Jerry

PS. For a photo of what I'm talking about go to
http://community.webshots.com/user/jlj46
and look at photo #3 "Lily May 2004"

Old 02-06-2004, 07:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

If the main crown isn't growing right up against the side of the container,
than it is probably baby plant starts coming off the main rhizome sending
up little leaves till they, the baby plant, gets bigger. ~ jan

Old 05-06-2004, 11:18 PM
adavisus

Yup, odds on it's small side crowns starting up, forming new crowns.

Regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html

Lily Pads taking over hammr Ponds 4 26-07-2004 03:02 PM
Lily Pads taking over hammr Ponds 4 21-07-2004 09:02 AM
Lily pads Bonnie Ponds 2 16-03-2004 04:29 AM
Lily Pads too tall? Sue Alexandre Ponds 2 15-06-2003 03:08 PM
Yellow lily pads jammer Ponds 7 27-05-2003 04:09 AM