Old 03-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Janice

Default Grasshoppers

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 01:18:16 -0500, "junkyardcat"
wrote:

Is there anything I can put on my garden to deter or kill grasshoppers,
without hurting my ladybugs? I am starting to see hundreds of small
grasshoppers, and I know they will grow up to be big ones and destroy my
plants! But I have so many ladybugs in the garden which are very beneficial,
so I don't want to kill them too! Any ideas?

Thanks!
Angie

Nosema Iocustae

https://w108.webminders.com/buglogic...i onNumber=42

It claims up to 90% effective but .. that would probably be expecting
a bit much.

Another page that just has some useful info.. and mentions nosema
locustae says 50%.

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/site..._controls.html