Old 03-06-2004, 03:04 PM
escapee

Default Grasshoppers

On 03 Jun 2004 04:25:01 GMT, (Sed5555) opined:

Is there anything I can put on my garden to deter or kill grasshoppers,
without hurting my ladybugs?

A microbial insecticide called Nosema locustae is sold under various trade
names for grasshopper control. This is a protozoan disease that occurs
naturally among grasshoppers and has been commercialized by mass production
under laboratory conditions. It does not affect other, beneficial, insects in
your garden.
sed5555

And I will add it is usually only effective when you first start to see the
nymphs.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?