Old 09-02-2003, 08:01 AM
jc

Default Gardener's Hand Balm

"Polar" wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 10:30:01 -0600, "loki"
wrote:

"hilary" wrote

I would recommend the udder cream - it can be made up to order

from
some pharmacists in the U.K. but does anyone have information on

its
availability under a brand name here?

I don't. In the US it's just called Udder Cream and comes in a black

and
white cow patterned tub. Wal-Mart has it in all their stores in the

US and
they might well have it available online, which would likely ship
internationally. It's very inexpensive and given the exchange rate,

even
moreso.

Isn't that stuff basically just near-pure lanolin?

--
Polar

Bag Balm today looks pretty much like it did 60 years ago and it still
comes in a tin container. Also smells pretty much the - like sheep fat.
I get ours at the drug store but have also seen it in feed stores. It
is an antiseptic salve . Active ingredients: Hydroxyquinoline sulfate
3% in a petrolatum, lanolin base. It sort of yellow green in color.
Recommendations and instructions on the tin are for cattle but the
website (interesting sound effects) at
http://www.bagbalm.com/
also suggest it for horses, dogs and cats.