Old 25-01-2003, 11:00 PM
@}-}-------Rosee

Default Gardener's Hand Balm

"cat daddy" chiseled in stone, the following
words :

"Leona Henderson" wrote...

Zemedelec wrote:
I bought some stuff at a garage sale that I like a lot. It's called
Quessence Gardener's Hand Cream, and I don;t know if it's still being
produced. (It was in a still-unpackage gift basket that included
soap, etc.) Telephone # given on the tube is 888 358 8441, and the
main ingredients are mineral oil, glycerin, glyceryl monosterate,
polawax, silicone oil and lanolin. It's rather heavy but goes on
easily and disappers fast
zemedelec

Best stuff I've found is Utter Cream.I am out of it now, but
I think that's the correct name. or maybe utter balm??

Udder Balm
http://www.udderbalm.com/what.html
Udder Balm is a cream originally developed for the dairy industry,
principally to protect cow udders..... farmers and their wives began
to notice amazing changes in the complexion of their hands. Rough,
chapped skin gave way to a smooth, almost silky complexion, and
irritations vanished.

Bag Balm
http://www.easterntownships.com/bagbalm/our_story.html
Shania Twain says she rubs it all over her lovely body.

There you go, pulling those links outta yo' butt....;o)

Good to see you anywhere and thanks for the link! I have also heard this
product is very good.

--
@}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
belligerent bowlegged babblative babuina." ~Zigi~
Old 26-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Wendy B G

Udder Balm
http://www.udderbalm.com/what.html

This is an excellent product.

I blended it with extra fresh aloe, and additional Vitamins A and E, for use by
my mother on skin that was burned by radiation treatment.

Wendy
Wilmington, DE
Old 26-01-2003, 03:44 AM
cat daddy

Zemedelec wrote:
[...]

Good to see you, too. There are a few places I still like to
o......... }:-)

Old 26-01-2003, 07:31 PM
@}-}-------Rosee

"cat daddy" chiseled in stone, the following
words news
"Rosee" wrote...

Zemedelec wrote:
[...]

go......... }:-)

As I see!...;oD

You are missed!!!...;o(

--
@}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
Old 26-01-2003, 07:31 PM
@}-}-------Rosee

(Wendy B G) chiseled in stone, the following words
:

Udder Balm
http://www.udderbalm.com/what.html

This is an excellent product.

I blended it with extra fresh aloe, and additional Vitamins A and E,
for use by my mother on skin that was burned by radiation treatment.

Thanks! I'll try the extra ingredients. My skin is terribly dry since my
hysterectomy and have been looking for something....;o)

--
@}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm

Old 27-01-2003, 12:14 AM
Tim B

Utter Cream

Udder cream. For rubbing teats of dairy cows. Probably not labelled for
human use but neither is Bag Balm which is terrific for hands. My
dermatologist likes it. My vet keeps a tin in the exam room and uses it for
many purposes.

Old 29-01-2003, 11:15 PM
@}-}-------Rosee

"Tim B" chiseled in stone, the following words
:

Utter Cream

Udder cream. For rubbing teats of dairy cows. Probably not labelled
for human use but neither is Bag Balm which is terrific for hands. My
dermatologist likes it. My vet keeps a tin in the exam room and uses
it for many purposes.

I will order the product at the first of the month. I desparately need
SOMEthing!!! Thanks for all of the recommendations!...especially you CD
and you know why...;o)

schnippen

--
@}-}--}------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
Old 02-02-2003, 07:46 PM
hilary

Zemedelec wrote:
[...]

I would recommend the udder cream - it can be made up to order from
some pharmacists in the U.K. but does anyone have information on its
availability under a brand name here?

Hilary
Old 08-02-2003, 05:43 PM
loki

"hilary" wrote

I would recommend the udder cream - it can be made up to order from
some pharmacists in the U.K. but does anyone have information on its
availability under a brand name here?

I don't. In the US it's just called Udder Cream and comes in a black and
white cow patterned tub. Wal-Mart has it in all their stores in the US and
they might well have it available online, which would likely ship
internationally. It's very inexpensive and given the exchange rate, even
moreso.

Loki

Old 08-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Polar

On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 17:29:05 GMT, "Sherk" wrote:

Bag Balm in the US. I use it to prevent saddle sores when I cycle.

Er...can't refrain from commenting "How very apropos!" g

"hilary" wrote

Old 08-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Polar

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 10:30:01 -0600, "loki"
wrote:

"hilary" wrote

I would recommend the udder cream - it can be made up to order from
some pharmacists in the U.K. but does anyone have information on its
availability under a brand name here?

I don't. In the US it's just called Udder Cream and comes in a black and
white cow patterned tub. Wal-Mart has it in all their stores in the US and
they might well have it available online, which would likely ship
internationally. It's very inexpensive and given the exchange rate, even
moreso.

Isn't that stuff basically just near-pure lanolin?

--
Polar
Old 09-02-2003, 08:01 AM
jc

"Polar" wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 10:30:01 -0600, "loki"
wrote:

"hilary" wrote

I would recommend the udder cream - it can be made up to order

from
some pharmacists in the U.K. but does anyone have information on

its
availability under a brand name here?

I don't. In the US it's just called Udder Cream and comes in a black

and
white cow patterned tub. Wal-Mart has it in all their stores in the

US and
they might well have it available online, which would likely ship
internationally. It's very inexpensive and given the exchange rate,

even
moreso.

Isn't that stuff basically just near-pure lanolin?

--
Polar

Bag Balm today looks pretty much like it did 60 years ago and it still
comes in a tin container. Also smells pretty much the - like sheep fat.
I get ours at the drug store but have also seen it in feed stores. It
is an antiseptic salve . Active ingredients: Hydroxyquinoline sulfate
3% in a petrolatum, lanolin base. It sort of yellow green in color.
Recommendations and instructions on the tin are for cattle but the
website (interesting sound effects) at
http://www.bagbalm.com/
also suggest it for horses, dogs and cats.

Old 06-10-2005, 05:22 AM
Registered User

Smile

Hey all, Im new to posting, although I have been lurking in the shadows reading for a while... thanks for all the great info.

I was curious what others used to keep the hands from cracking and drying out after playing in the dirt and I found this post. It is old, so I thought I would update the links in it.

I get my udder balm from http://www.OriginalUdderBalm.com they have both Original Udder Balm (my favorite) and Dionne Udder Balm. It isn't greasy nor does it smell bad like bag balm. Bag balm is petroleum based and I hate rubbing all that oil into my skin too. Original Udder Balm is much thicker than the stuff in the black & white tube (Udder Cream) and last a lot longer once you put it on. It kinds smells like lemons I think.

The website udderbalm.com mentioned is no longer in business selling products, so if you were buying there I would try the http://www.OriginalUdderBalm.com site.

Hope this info is helpful.