Old 04-06-2004, 04:03 AM
oakrocker

Default Grasshoppers

I've had grasshopper problems every summer here in the Arkansas Ozarks.
This year I tried Semaspore Bait from Nitron Industries here in
Northwest Arkansas. It is also "Nosema locustae" as was stated in other
posts. I spread it about 6-8 weeks ago, so far, so good. I have seen a
couple tiny grasshoppers but not the destruction I have seen in past
years. According to there literature, it will carry on over at least
another year and is not harmful to humans, pets or wildlife. Their
website is www.nitron.com They have many other natural products as well.

Judy

junkyardcat wrote:

Is there anything I can put on my garden to deter or kill grasshoppers,
without hurting my ladybugs? I am starting to see hundreds of small
grasshoppers, and I know they will grow up to be big ones and destroy my
plants! But I have so many ladybugs in the garden which are very beneficial,
so I don't want to kill them too! Any ideas?

Thanks!
Angie