Old 04-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Carl Harrison

Default Pump problem...

"Prometheus Xex" wrote in message t.cable.rogers.com...
I have a Laguna Powerjet 7000. It stopped working so I replace the impeller
and bushing. I ran fine, then when I unplugged it, and restarted it, it
doesn't pump. I pulled it apart and pulled out the impeller. Everything
looks fine. Before I reseal, I checked if it turns. Yep... until I unplug,
then replug. The impeller (still exposed) is turning erratically... almost
like it wants to backwards while turning forwards. So it kind of jiggles,
but manages to turn in one direction not achieving much.

Anyone know what's up?

- Prometheus

I had a similar problem years ago with a different make of pump and
used to turn on the pump then give the impeller a push with a cocktail
stick. It may be due to the rotor losing its magnetism.

Carl