Old 04-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Prometheus Xex

Default Pump problem...

I have a Laguna Powerjet 7000. It stopped working so I replace the impeller
and bushing. I ran fine, then when I unplugged it, and restarted it, it
doesn't pump. I pulled it apart and pulled out the impeller. Everything
looks fine. Before I reseal, I checked if it turns. Yep... until I unplug,
then replug. The impeller (still exposed) is turning erratically... almost
like it wants to backwards while turning forwards. So it kind of jiggles,
but manages to turn in one direction not achieving much.

Anyone know what's up?

- Prometheus

Old 04-06-2004, 02:10 AM
Go Fig

In article
le.rogers.com,
Prometheus Xex wrote:

I have a Laguna Powerjet 7000. It stopped working so I replace the impeller
and bushing. I ran fine, then when I unplugged it, and restarted it, it
doesn't pump. I pulled it apart and pulled out the impeller. Everything
looks fine. Before I reseal, I checked if it turns. Yep... until I unplug,
then replug. The impeller (still exposed) is turning erratically... almost
like it wants to backwards while turning forwards. So it kind of jiggles,
but manages to turn in one direction not achieving much.

Anyone know what's up?

The impeller has separated from the magnet, sometimes you can epoxy
together again... but better to replace.

jay
Thu Jun 03, 2004

- Prometheus

Old 04-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Carl Harrison

"Prometheus Xex" wrote in message t.cable.rogers.com...
I have a Laguna Powerjet 7000. It stopped working so I replace the impeller
and bushing. I ran fine, then when I unplugged it, and restarted it, it
doesn't pump. I pulled it apart and pulled out the impeller. Everything
looks fine. Before I reseal, I checked if it turns. Yep... until I unplug,
then replug. The impeller (still exposed) is turning erratically... almost
like it wants to backwards while turning forwards. So it kind of jiggles,
but manages to turn in one direction not achieving much.

Anyone know what's up?

- Prometheus

I had a similar problem years ago with a different make of pump and
used to turn on the pump then give the impeller a push with a cocktail
stick. It may be due to the rotor losing its magnetism.

Carl
Old 04-06-2004, 07:02 AM
Sean Dinh

I had a Laguna Utility that had the same problem once. I had to leave it running
and then put the cover back. That was the only way to make it pump.

It doesn't do that any more.

Old 04-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Carl Beyer

In article ,
Sean Dinh wrote:

I had a Laguna Utility that had the same problem once. I had to leave it
running
and then put the cover back. That was the only way to make it pump.

It doesn't do that any more.

Prometheus Xex wrote:

I spray the guts up with Silicone Lube... Seems to fix it...

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com

Old 04-06-2004, 05:07 PM
KenCo

Prometheus Xex wrote:

I have a Laguna Powerjet 7000. It stopped working so I replace the impeller
and bushing. I ran fine, then when I unplugged it, and restarted it, it
doesn't pump. I pulled it apart and pulled out the impeller. Everything
looks fine. Before I reseal, I checked if it turns. Yep... until I unplug,
then replug. The impeller (still exposed) is turning erratically... almost
like it wants to backwards while turning forwards. So it kind of jiggles,
but manages to turn in one direction not achieving much.

Anyone know what's up?

- Prometheus

sounds like the bushing is either
tight or no good. does the impeller
shaft spin free when unplugged?

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-831-5739 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

Old 04-06-2004, 09:05 PM
matrix j

Sounds like it may be a broken impeller shaft.
I fixed mine with some good old JB weld.

It's run longer with the weld than without it.

Old 04-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Prometheus Xex

Read my posts... new impeller in unit... not broken.
- Xex

Old 04-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Prometheus Xex

Yep... it spins free (with a bit of magnetic resistance).

Xex

Old 05-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Barbara2245

"Prometheus Xex" wrote in message t.cable.rogers.com...
I have a Laguna Powerjet 7000. It stopped working so I replace the impeller
and bushing. I ran fine, then when I unplugged it, and restarted it, it
doesn't pump. I pulled it apart and pulled out the impeller. Everything
looks fine. Before I reseal, I checked if it turns. Yep... until I unplug,
then replug. The impeller (still exposed) is turning erratically... almost
like it wants to backwards while turning forwards. So it kind of jiggles,
but manages to turn in one direction not achieving much.

Anyone know what's up?

- Prometheus

The solution probably is a new impeller-magnet assembly. Last fall I
noticed that the tip at the the end was worn and for $28+ shipping got
a new one at
www.thatpetplace.com. The price may vary because my Laguna is the
5000.
Happy water gardening.

Old 05-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Rodney Pont

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 21:41:42 GMT, Prometheus Xex wrote:

Read my posts... new impeller in unit... not broken.

It could be one or more coils burnt out, maybe when the impeller broke
it oevrheated. Symptoms would be it will often need a flick to start it
up and once running it will be down on power. I think you said it was
doing that.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont

Zone 6...To Pump or not to pump? BenignVanilla Ponds 6 10-03-2004 11:18 PM
Pump in or Pump out? Szpond Ponds 5 15-11-2003 05:32 PM
Pool Pump Cover (was Swimming pool filter/pump question) Raymond Luxury-Yacht Lawns 0 15-05-2003 07:56 PM
pulser pump video (Simplest pump in the world) Brian White sci.agriculture 24 26-04-2003 12:30 PM
pulser pump video (Simplest pump in the world) Oz sci.agriculture 13 18-02-2003 05:42 AM