Old 04-06-2004, 12:04 PM
good golly miss Molly

Default Building a raised pond..help!

"Patiencem@n" wrote in
message ...
Anyone know where I can find a place online that offers a step by step

guide
on how to build a raised pond? I have already purchased a preformed Liner,
Pump, Filter etc. Any help much appreciated. I'm a complete newbie to

this.

I built a raised one this spring but used butyl as after consideration, it
seemed the simplest way. I dug a hole, made a ledge halfway up,placed wooden
boarding on this ledge ( I used some shed doors I had, but you could use
plywood or similar) so that they came 18 inches above the soil level. I
screwed battens into each corner to hold them all together, then got in and
dug deeper, using this soil removed, to brace the wooden doors on the
outside. I then put felt etc in the bottom and liner the pond, then put the
butyl in and staspled it to the outside of the doors holding it all in
place. I planted nasturtiums and stuff on the soil retaining the wooden
doors and you cannot see the wood now. It all looks very nice. I think I
would have had a big problem if I used a preformed pond as you would have
to somehow put soil under and around it to hold it in place.
Maybe you might have to rethink? I would be happy to send you pictures of
my pond if you wanted.Otherwise, site your preformed, place boards around
then fill the gaps with lots and lots and lots of expanding foam filler??
:0)