Old 04-06-2004, 03:13 PM
George

Default Pond pics

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

" George" wrote in message
news snip
Sorry you are having problems. I just tried it, and it worked for me. I

had
problems with the page last night, got the same thing. The pictures

aren't very
large. In fact, that entire page is less than 3 MB. I may have to talk

to my
ISP to see what the problem is.

snip

I hate it when techno geeks post techno babble on a non-techno babble group,
but I am techno geek and as such can not control my self. Saying "In fact,
that entire page is less than 3 MB" is like saying "King Kong is just a
monkey"

3MB IS HUGE!!!!

In fact, it is less than 2 MB. And that isn't huge for me, since I have DSL.
But I realize that many don't, which is why the pictures are all less than 200
KB.

My rules of thumb for photos on the web...

1. Use JPG with at 15-25 compression. You may be able to go further without
noticeable loss

Done that.

2. My thumbs are all 200 pix wide, and average less then 12k
3. My main photos are limited t0 700 pix wide and average less then 150k.

Check out my photo album for an example of what I am talking about,
http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/topic...Photo%20Album.

If you have a page that is 3MB, you have either way too much content on one
page, or your pictures are way to big for the web.

BV.

Not.