Old 03-06-2004, 07:10 PM
George

Default Pond pics

My pond pictures appear to be back up, if anyone is interested.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...%20Picture.htm

Old 03-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Ka30P

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...0Birthday%20Pi
cture.htm

Wow! They were worth waiting for!

kathy :-)
Old 03-06-2004, 07:12 PM
George

"Ka30P" wrote in message

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...0Birthday%20Pi
cture.htm

Wow! They were worth waiting for!

kathy :-)

Thanks.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Mike Patterson

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 05:54:37 -0400, " George"
wrote:

My pond pictures appear to be back up, if anyone is interested.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...%20Picture.htm

I got "Bandwidth exceeded" from your wbehost.

Maybe the pics are very large files and you could reduce them, thus
reducing the bandwidth needed to see them?

HTH
Mike
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."
Old 04-06-2004, 02:08 AM
George

wrote:

My pond pictures appear to be back up, if anyone is interested.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...%20Picture.htm

I got "Bandwidth exceeded" from your wbehost.

Maybe the pics are very large files and you could reduce them, thus
reducing the bandwidth needed to see them?

HTH
Mike
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."

Sorry you are having problems. I just tried it, and it worked for me. I had
problems with the page last night, got the same thing. The pictures aren't very
large. In fact, that entire page is less than 3 MB. I may have to talk to my
ISP to see what the problem is.

Old 04-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Mike Patterson

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:53:00 -0400, " George"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

My pond pictures appear to be back up, if anyone is interested.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/o/rockcat/...%20Picture.htm

I got "Bandwidth exceeded" from your wbehost.

Maybe the pics are very large files and you could reduce them, thus
reducing the bandwidth needed to see them?

HTH
Mike
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific..."

Sorry you are having problems. I just tried it, and it worked for me. I had
problems with the page last night, got the same thing. The pictures aren't very
large. In fact, that entire page is less than 3 MB. I may have to talk to my
ISP to see what the problem is.

very odd, I just tried it again, same thing

Old 04-06-2004, 02:05 PM
Benign Vanilla

" George" wrote in message
news snip
Sorry you are having problems. I just tried it, and it worked for me. I

had
problems with the page last night, got the same thing. The pictures

aren't very
large. In fact, that entire page is less than 3 MB. I may have to talk

to my
ISP to see what the problem is.

snip

I hate it when techno geeks post techno babble on a non-techno babble group,
but I am techno geek and as such can not control my self. Saying "In fact,
that entire page is less than 3 MB" is like saying "King Kong is just a
monkey"

3MB IS HUGE!!!!

My rules of thumb for photos on the web...

1. Use JPG with at 15-25 compression. You may be able to go further without
noticeable loss
2. My thumbs are all 200 pix wide, and average less then 12k
3. My main photos are limited t0 700 pix wide and average less then 150k.

Check out my photo album for an example of what I am talking about,
http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/topic...Photo%20Album.

If you have a page that is 3MB, you have either way too much content on one
page, or your pictures are way to big for the web.

BV.

Old 04-06-2004, 03:13 PM
George

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

" George" wrote in message
news snip
Sorry you are having problems. I just tried it, and it worked for me. I

had
problems with the page last night, got the same thing. The pictures

aren't very
large. In fact, that entire page is less than 3 MB. I may have to talk

to my
ISP to see what the problem is.

snip

I hate it when techno geeks post techno babble on a non-techno babble group,
but I am techno geek and as such can not control my self. Saying "In fact,
that entire page is less than 3 MB" is like saying "King Kong is just a
monkey"

3MB IS HUGE!!!!

In fact, it is less than 2 MB. And that isn't huge for me, since I have DSL.
But I realize that many don't, which is why the pictures are all less than 200
KB.

My rules of thumb for photos on the web...

1. Use JPG with at 15-25 compression. You may be able to go further without
noticeable loss

Done that.

2. My thumbs are all 200 pix wide, and average less then 12k
3. My main photos are limited t0 700 pix wide and average less then 150k.

Check out my photo album for an example of what I am talking about,
http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/topic...Photo%20Album.

If you have a page that is 3MB, you have either way too much content on one
page, or your pictures are way to big for the web.

BV.

Not.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:08 PM

I both crop and aim for pictures that are around 50K. I think the newer digitals are
taking much, much finer details (and larger mb) as a result. while that is important
for printing and for blowing up a pic, it is overkill for the net. Ingrid

" George" wrote:
In fact, it is less than 2 MB. And that isn't huge for me, since I have DSL.
But I realize that many don't, which is why the pictures are all less than 200
KB.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Benign Vanilla

" George" wrote in message
snip
In fact, it is less than 2 MB. And that isn't huge for me, since I have

DSL.
But I realize that many don't, which is why the pictures are all less than

200
KB.

I guess this is a potato/potahto thing. To me web pages should not be
weighed in MB's.

snip
If you have a page that is 3MB, you have either way too much content on

one
page, or your pictures are way to big for the web.

Not.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, eh? LOL. I too have DSL. It's not
nearly as fast my cable modem, but it is faster then the dial-ups many of my
friends and family use, so I try to code to that denominator.

BV.
Potato(e)

Old 04-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Benign Vanilla

wrote in message
I both crop and aim for pictures that are around 50K. I think the newer

digitals are
taking much, much finer details (and larger mb) as a result. while that

is important
for printing and for blowing up a pic, it is overkill for the net. Ingrid

SNIP

I concur, which is why my full sized pix are limited to 700pix wide. 800x600
seems to be as close to a typical resolution, so for those users 700 fits
nicely, and is not huge in file size.

BV.

Old 04-06-2004, 07:17 PM
George

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

" George" wrote in message
snip
[...]

I just upgraded my dsl to 3.0 Mb/sec, which is I guess as fast as dsl can get.
I also reduced the resolution on the pictures so that the file sizes are smaller
and load faster. Unfortunately, in doing this, I apparently exceeded my
bandwidth AGAIN. I'll have to talk to my ISP because I have another web site
(an inactive one) that is much larger than this one page, and it never exceeded
my bandwidth, especially while editing a web page. It was my understanding that
with the faster dsl service, my personal web page bandwidth would also go up.
Perhaps they haven't changed that yet.

Old 04-06-2004, 08:09 PM
joe

That's only ten people.

Joe

On 6/3/04 4:53 PM, "George" wrote:

In fact, that entire page is less than 3 MB. I may have to talk to my
ISP to see what the problem is.

And some small pics of Morning glories 3 pics (1/2) joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 2 03-10-2011 08:31 PM
Your Pond Pics BenignVanilla Ponds 28 01-05-2003 05:44 PM
TT was Your Pond Pics John Rutz Ponds 5 16-04-2003 04:56 PM
posted my pond pics in binaries Russ and Cathy Ponds 0 03-04-2003 10:08 PM
Sharing pond pics ... Chi Tran Ponds 9 29-03-2003 06:20 AM